Car Rental Terms
The driver must hold a license for at least one year. Driving license may be Greek, European (for EU countries) or International (for non-EU countries). Click here for more information on your country driving license.
All bookings are payable on the first rental day. Every car rental always requires a credit card as a guarantee, even if the renter pays the rent in cash. This card must be in the name of the main driver.
All fines and administrative penalties arising out of the driver’s fault are fully borne by the lessee.
License plates removal
In the event that the licence car plates are removed from any public authority during the rental, the tenant will be charged, in addition to the fine, for rent until the plates are received back by the competent authority.
The fuel is paid for by the customer and the vehicle must be returned with the same amount of fuel delivered. No refunds or offsets for extra fuel in the tank.
Delivery & Pick-up
The delivery and pick-up of the vehicle takes place at the offices of our business and within its opening hours. Deliveries and pick-ups are made out of the offices upon request.
Deliveries outside opening hours
Deliveries outside opening hours is available upon request and costs € 23 plus VAT.
If the rented vehicle is returned before the expiry date, there will be no refund.
Child seats available for all ages, according to weight, with an additional cost of 3 € per day (including VAT), which is paid locally. The same charge applies for a second child seat. Positioning is controlled by the parent or guardian.
Vehicle Type Change
In some special cases, the company has the right to change the type of car and to offer a different type of car than the one in the original reservation, with a corresponding or upper category.
In case of damage to the car not due to the driver’s fault, our company guarantees immediate replacement of the car. In the event of damage to the car due to the drivers fault, our company guarantees the replacement of the car only if there is availability.
All vehicles are provided with 24-hour road assistance. Road assistance contact details are listed in a leaflet inside the vehicle.
If the vehicle is returned and its interior in a state of non-return with simple cleaning (seats, roof, floor with salt stains, sand, hairs, etc.), the tenant will be charged 50 €. In the event of damage caused by the tenant (eg burning), there will be a corresponding charge depending on the damage.
Loss or destruction of key
In case the key is lost or damaged during the rental, the tenant will charge as much as the car manufacturer or dealer will require.
In case of cancellation up to fifteen (15) days prior to your arrival, the deposit will be refunded 100%. For any cancellation within a period of less than fifteen (15) days, 30% of the total rent will be withheld. Change for time, date and car category can be made up to 48 hours prior to hire or change to be made as long as available and always with our company.
Insurance & Liability Amounts
Basic Insurance coverage for the rental vehicle includes:
Third Party Coverage
- It covers third party life insurance and personal injury, including those aboard a CAR4U vehicle (excluding the CAR4U car driver) up to € 1,220,000 per victim as well as damage to third parties, up to € 1,220,000 per accident.
- Damage from an uninsured vehicle up to € 30,000.
- Car glass breakage.
- Road assistance and accident care.
Accident Insurance (CDW)
Limits the amount of damage liability from € 600 to € 950 depending on the vehicle category.
- Driving according to the Road Traffic Code is a prerequisite. The insurance does not cover tire damage, damage to the underside of the vehicle as well as damage to the interior of the car, and the loss or theft of personal belongings.
Not covered by any insurance package
- Damage to the interior of the car
- Fines resulting from infringements of the Road Traffic Code.
- Mechanical damage at the fault of the tenant
- Damage to outside mirrors
- Damage to tires or wheels
- Damage to the bottom of the car
- Antenna damage or loss
- Damage caused by illegal or inconsistent use
- Damage caused when using the vehicle, on a dirt road, beach, forest area or elsewhere than on an asphalt road.
- Injuries caused by an unreported driver, or a driver who was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Accident file costs (20 €) Fixed.
Our rates include all legal taxes.